The traffic on Reyes Católicos street will adapt to the works, which begin this Wednesday


Toledo

Updated:

Keep

The Councilor for Mobility and Citizen Security, Juan José Pérez del Pino, reported this Monday of the traffic system that will be established on the occasion of the works of the comprehensive reform of Reyes Católicos street, the first phase of which will begin this Wednesday, November 10 . The first axis of action will be the Descalzos crossing, a road that connects Taller del Moro street with Plaza del Conde.

Traffic will be adapted according to the evolution of the work and the intervened streets, as explained by the Chief Intendant of the Local Police, José Luis Martín Mora, who was also present at the press conference. Thus, in the development of this first axis, The residents of the Paseo de San Cristóbal will be able to leave the Old Town with their vehicles through Taller del Moro street towards Santa Úrsula street or towards Plaza del Salvador and Rojas street.

In this first axis of phase 1, the bus services with a stop in the Plaza del Conde will not be affected, but will be affected in the second section of the work that will go from the Plaza del Conde to the Descalzos descent. At this point, the head of the line buses will move to the Plaza de Barrio Nuevo. Once this axis is finished, the third will begin, which will affect the descent of Descalzos, from the Paseo del Tránsito to the Paseo de San Cristóbal.

The duration of the different interventions will be seen by virtue of the progress of the works, said Juan José Pérez del Pino, although the performance in the Descalzos crossing is expected to conclude in two weeks.

The informational meetings between the City Council and the representatives of the affected sectors will be held periodically as the project progresses as it has been doing so far, the municipal official has pointed out, to cause the least inconvenience and face the repair of this important neighborhood road old in a consensual way.

The Councilor for Mobility and Citizen Security has stated that the improvement and comprehensive reform of Calle Reyes Católicos It is “probably” the most important work to be undertaken in Toledo in the last 20 years and he recalled that the last intervention in this environment was in 1986.

Juan José Pérez del Pino has said that he understands the inconvenience that may be generated in the course of the works that have been divided into five phases and calls for understanding and citizen collaboration since, despite the inconveniences, this intervention will solve problems that are suffered daily in this area related to the state of the pavement, the safety of pedestrians or the best traffic.

Reform project

The comprehensive reform project of Calle Reyes Católicos, from the descent of San Martín to Plaza del Conde, It contemplates the renovation of pavements both on the road and on the sidewalks, the improvement of accessibility with wider sidewalks and new facilities for the supply, sanitation, telephone, electricity and public lighting services.

Likewise, the car parks will be ordered and a significant environmental improvement will be carried out by intervening in the Transit park, right on the walkway near the road, all of this, as indicated by the Councilor for Works and Ecological Transition, under the criteria sustainability, energy efficiency and respect for the urban and patrimonial environment that already characterize the investments of the municipal government.

See them
comments


www.abc.es

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *