When we make the decision to lose weight O slim down, the most generalized automatic reaction is usually to restrict food drastically. But in this way, in the end, a method that generates adherence, since the normal thing is to apply such a marked caloric restriction that it becomes unsustainable over time, with the consequent abandonment and rebound effect.
Resorting to diets based on shakes or meal replacements without eating real food, in addition to looting your pocket in a very considerable way, will never lead you to an adequate weight that is maintained over time. That way, you are missing the most important thing, which is learn to feed yourself.
Indeed, it is the common sense the least common of all the senses and the one that must be applied when it comes to losing fat, that is, losing weight.
It is very likely that by not having adequate nutritional education we will not be able to do it correctly by our own means and it will be necessary to go to the advice of a dietitian-nutritionist.
In general, these simple tips can be applied if you want to achieve a healthy weight, without having to resort to unnecessary restrictions or very low calorie diets:
1. Choose fresh and seasonal foods. Going to the market and always choosing vegetables, fruits and vegetables in season will make our dishes nutritious enough to have a high feeling of satiety.
2. Have a well-structured eating plan It will undoubtedly help us to order the shopping list, as well as to determine the adequate energy intake to achieve fat loss. That way, we will not buy what we should not eat. If we don’t have it at home, we won’t be tempted.
3. Always structure dishes with a high quality biological protein source. Including fresh fish and seafood, white and lean meats, eggs, legumes, etc., will give a great variety to our weekly menu, also helping us to stay satiated.
4. Accompany our main meals with a source of carbohydrates complete such as tubers (potato or sweet potato), whole grains (rice, pasta …), legumes, etc., and alternate them. Today the food industry offers us multiple options in this regard. In this way, we find sources of quality carbohydrates in different ways, which allow us to make different culinary preparations, which encourage creativity in the kitchen and which, in addition, help us to configure very fun menus: corn tortillas, gnocchi, legume pasta , quinoa …
5. Reduce consumption of ultra-processed foods, you know, those that don’t look like food. It does not matter whether the packaging indicates “fitness”, “light”, “bio”, “eco” or “integral” … An ultra-processed is never going to be a good option. Not only does it not help us satiety, but it is expressly designed to stimulate the appetite. Let’s banish sugary commercial breakfast cereals, muffins or cookies without added sugar, no matter how much they claim to be homemade, and all kinds of industrial pastries.
6. Include quality fat sources: our beloved extra virgin olive oil, the avocado that we have all year round today, also in the form of guacamole, or the dried fruits that we can also find in the form of cream or powder. And we cannot forget the delicious dark chocolate, so widespread in all supermarkets and with so much variety.
7. Eat slowly and take care of the details. No less important to achieve an adequate weight will be the way of carrying out the act of eating. That means lovingly preparing dishes and eating slowly, chewing each bite. If possible, away from electronic devices and focused on that moment as important as it is to nourish properly. This way you will be able to savor food and textures well and that torrent of organoleptic sensations will reach your brain that will further enhance the feeling of satiety. Your digestions will improve exponentially.
8. Also healthy whims. If you are left with a sweet dessert craving, we have all kinds of natural yogurts, such as Skyr, kefir, curds, infusions, fruits, coffees, a few ounces of dark chocolate, etc.
Combining all these ideas, it is possible to configure a very balanced diet, practically intuitively, applying common sense. Without realizing it, we are not only investing in good health, but our weight will have to be regulated and, in most cases, to lose weight.
If later, once all these habits have been implanted, you want to refine your goal and improve body composition, it will be essential to resort to a personalized eating plan, obviously hand in hand with the practice of physical exercise on a regular basis.