Mon. Nov 29th, 2021


POlens President Andrzej Duda has made serious allegations against Belarus in view of the tense situation in the border area. The migrants at the border would be blocked by the Belarusian side so that they could not leave the area, the Polish head of state said on Tuesday. The Belarusian regime is attacking the border of Poland and the EU in an “unprecedented way” by de facto inviting migrants into the country and pushing them to the Polish-Belarusian border, Duda said.

On Monday, according to Polish authorities, larger groups of migrants on the Belarusian side near the Kuznica border crossing, which has now been closed, tried in vain to break through the fence. According to Duda, there were several thousand people – mostly young men – who were obviously being controlled by the Belarusian side. The migrants were led from the road into the forest so that they could attack the border at a point without a border crossing, said Duda, who cited video material.

Duda: At first there is no need to support NATO

The situation on the Polish-Belarusian border is currently under control, assured Duda. Accordingly, there were sufficient border guards, soldiers and police on site. Support from NATO is initially not necessary, said Duda, who stated that he was in constant contact with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg in this regard.

The Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki had previously written on Twitter that “the stability and security of the entire EU” was at stake due to the influx of migrants. Poland will not be intimidated and will “defend peace in Europe together with our partners from NATO and the EU”.


www.faz.net

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *