The second wave of coronavirus has not allowed many freelancers to lift the blind on their business. Those that have done so are at half gas, and others, by order of the autonomous communities, have had no choice but to close again. This means losses of more than 50,000 million in the pandemic so far, according to estimates by ATA. But it is not only money that is lost, because many jobs are on the line.
El Government had no choice but to extend the measures approved to help freelancers last September 30. Despite everything, the autonomous communities, which are the ones that determine the closures and measures against the coronavirus in their territories, also approved a series of measures to support this group so punished by restrictions and confinements.
In the Madrid’s community, the closings have been less harsh, in the sense that it has been confined by neighborhoods, a measure that has allowed businesses not to close completely, although sales have fallen significantly due to restrictions. Despite everything, the Madrid executive of Isaben Diaz Ayuso has launched a series of support measures and aid for the self-employed.
These are Madrid’s aid to the self-employed
The Government chaired by Isabel Díaz Ayuso has approved up to eight measures to help the self-employed and entrepreneurs. ABC explains what those that still have open calls and those focused exclusively on self-employed workers consist of.
– Subsidy for the reconciliation of family and work life, and the implementation of the social responsibility of employers: these two lines of aid can be requested by self-employed or self-employed workers, small companies and civil companies with legal personality. The requirements for both lines is to have a maximum of 50 workers, who do not exceed 10 million euros in business volume or that their balance is not less than 43 million, among others. The amount, in the case of social responsibility, is 2,500 euros; in that of the conciliation, it will be up to 2,500 euros per worker who is exercising online, with a maximum limit of 10,000 euros per company.
– Aid to workers who are self-employed: There are three types of workers who can request it. The unemployed who are registered as self-employed, people who are members of civil companies or communities of property, and people who are working partners or cooperatives or labor companies. The amount for the general worker will be a maximum of 2,500 euros and a minimum of 750; for the unemployed under 30 years there will be a maximum price of 3,080 euros and a minimum of 750. Among some of the requirements that must be met are not having carried out the same activity six months prior to the date of registration, or to remain registered for at least two years. The advantage of this help is that it is compatible with the self-employed flat rate, which will be explained in this article.
– Expansion of the flat rate for freelancers: this allows the self-employed to extend their flat rate of Social Security contribution for another 12 months. The workers who can request the aid are those who have registered with the RETA or the SETA, as well as the members of associated work cooperatives of labor companies framed in the RETA. One of the conditions to receive the subsidy is to maintain the conditions that gave the right to enjoy the State reductions for 12 months. When is the aid received? It will be paid in advance and will be made when the initial period of state reduction has passed, for the subsidized amount of the 12 months.
– Support for the advice of self-employed and social economy associations: is the second line of the program to promote collective entrepreneurship. This small program will subsidize part of the expenses of hiring consultants by the self-employed, among other entrepreneurs. The amount of the subsidy will be determined by the number of workers (at least two) full-time and indefinitely, for at least one calendar year to the one before applying. The maximum subsidy will be 50% of the worker’s gross monthly salary, which includes Social Security expenses up to the limit of 3 times the Interprofessional Professional Minimum Salary, at most 12 months corresponding to the previous calendar year, as well as a maximum of 150,000 euros per entity.
– Single payment of the contributory benefit: for those self-employed who want to start a business, the amount of unemployment benefit will be paid in a single payment of unemployment benefit. People who receive a subsidy, RAI (Active Insertion Income) or any other benefit are exempt from being able to acquire this aid. Some of the requirements that must be met are to have at least three months of unemployment benefit pending; not having been a beneficiary of the single payment benefit in the previous four years and having definitively and totally terminated the employment relationship.
– Unemployment capitalization fee bonus: for anyone who has capitalized the unemployment benefit or cessation of activity in the single payment modality, the Community of Madrid gives the opportunity to have subsidies consisting of the payment of Social Security contributions. For those who are in the Self-Employed Scheme, a maximum of 50% of the minimum contribution base is subsidized. The eligible period is the same to which you would have had the right to collect unemployment benefit if you had not received the single payment method. Likewise, it is convenient to group the payments in periods of 3 to 6 months.
– Re-undertake: aid for a second chance for the self-employed: for workers who have exhausted their benefit due to cessation of activity, granting them aid for up to 18 months. It consists of two phases. In the first one, a grant of 420 euros is received during the 6 months after the activity has ceased. This aid is conditional on the beneficiary participating in a re-entrepreneurship and employment itinerary, with advice, and training to return to work. In the second phase, if the entrepreneur decides to invest again, there will be financial aid for the subsequent 12 months, with aid for the payment of fees of up to 200 euros per month.